Investigating the Effects of Food and Tissue Salts in Improving Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Along with the help of a group of future Holistic Nutritionists, I initiated a study to explore the role of nutrition and homeopathic tissue salts in helping fibromyalgia patients to improve and relieve their symptoms.
PARTICIPANTS IN THE STUDY
20 subjects diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a medical doctor participated in the study.
DURATION OF THE STUDY
A number (minimum of 6) consultation sessions are planned for each subject for a period of 6 months. At least one session per month is scheduled to discuss progress and improvement and monitor various health parameters.
WHAT ARE THE METHODS OF INVESTIGATION
Subjects will be treated with food and homeopathic tissue salts. Alternative therapies are also introduced in each session to address emotional and physical stress.The investigative methods used in the study are:
Clean Food Protocols
A personalised food protocol will be created for each subject to address the main aggravating factors in fibromyalgia: inflammation, body (tissue) toxicity, oxidative factors and stress. The protocol will be adjusted each session according to symptoms improvement and subject’s nutritional needs.
The Physical and Emotional factors will be explored with this investigational tool. Subject’s physical state and unbalances are investigated as well as past traumatic events and stress factors are taken into consideration.
Tissue Salts will be introduced in the second session as homeopathic remedies. The body loses minerals through stress, worry, bad nutrition, processed foods, electro-pollution (from cell phones, microwaves, computers), through environmental toxins (insecticides, pesticides, preservatives etc.), as well as exposure to heavy metals such as amalgam dental fillings, lead, aluminium and contaminated drinking water.
During periods of stress, poor diet, illness, and during pregnancy the balance of tissue salts in the body may change resulting in “deficiencies.
With application of the correct amounts of tissue salts, the body can heal and restore the balance.
Alternative Therapies such as Dry Skin Brushing, Castor Oil Patches, Epsom Salts Bath, Coffee Enema, Aromatherapy, Chromotherapy, Journal Writing, Hot and Cold Therapy, Breathing and Thai Chi-Qigong exercises are introduced gradually during the study and their effect on symptoms relief and on the overall wellbeing of the subject is observed.
- Decreased pain. By eliminating the inflammatory factors from food, eliminating all food allergens and lowering the toxicity of the body a decrease in the pain level is expected as well as increased mobility.
- More energy. From a well-balanced and clean diet the lowering of the inflammation and toxicity and an increase in energy levels and stamina is expected.
- Better sleep. Addressing body stress by reducing toxicity and inflammation as well as reducing the emotional charge is expected to induce more relaxation and better sleep patterns.
- Better digestion. By eliminating food stressors and food allergens from the diet is expected to improve digestion, improve nutrient absorption and therefore lower body toxicity with beneficial results on improving fibromyalgia symptoms.
- An overall wellbeing improvement is expected beside symptoms relief by this combination of nutritional, homeopathic and alternative therapies.
Study Initiator: Alex Gellman
Collaborators (in alphabetical order):
- Alexandrina Rotaru
- Annette Levine
- Francis O’Toole
- Mathew Bowskill
- Nicole Smith