Just as a car benefits from proper maintenance and tune-ups, so too can you. The tune-up you need for your body and soul though, is a detox.
Detoxification is a key component for good health, especially if you’re struggling with weight, digestive or inflammation issues. Your body fights every day to deal with toxins, and is well equipped to do so but just like a car that is subjected to extreme driving, your body can only deal with so much before the wheels start to loosen, and in the worse case, fall off. That’s right, the extra 30lbs. you’re carting around means your performance is like a car be driven with one tire almost flat.
If you partake of the typical North American diet, then every day your body has to deal with toxins such as white sugar, chemical additives, dyes and preservatives, and perhaps alcohol and cigarettes. If you follow a more rigourous and healthy diet, you still can’t escape the environmental toxins in our air and water, household cleaning products, pesticides and second hand smoke, etc. Even that delectable new car smell is just a stew of toxic offgassing from the plastics and upholstery and adhesives inside the car.
Here’s a by no means comprehensive list of toxins your body deals with everyday:
- Hormones and antibiotics in commercial meats and dairy and leached into our drinking water
- Mercury from fish and from fillings in teeth
- Parabens, artificial dyes and fragrances in personal hygiene products and make-up – we douse ourselves in it daily! One of the greatest source of lead in a woman’s body is from lipstick.
- Aluminum, established to be a neurotoxin at high levels, is found in pots and pans, cosmetics, sunscreens and antiperspirants.
- Lead is also found in most paraffin (another toxin!) candles – burn bees wax or soy candles
Another reason to detox is because toxic overload affects your mental state. You must be prepared that detoxification may initially trigger memories of old emotional wounds. The good news is the detox will give you strength, both mental and physical, to deal with negative emotions, depression and discouragement that may arise.
Your body responds to stress by triggering adrenaline, the “fight or flight” hormone, to help you deal with the challenge at hand. However, after the event, the liver needs to clear those hormones or they create havoc in the body by raising blood sugar that stimulates fat retention.
I often come across patients that suffer from the rose coloured glasses syndrome. They honestly believe they are not toxic, that they managed to be at the right place at the right time and hid from all toxins. Toxins will affect each person differently – some actually feel no affect, while others are hyper sensitive and know immediately when they are exposed to certain toxins.
The symptoms experienced are often in the area of the body that may have a genetic weakness. For example, a person with a long line of respiratory asthma and lung cancer in the family tree may find toxicity symptoms affect the lungs with allergies, frequent colds and bronchitis.
Benefits of a Detoxification Plan:
- Cleans the blood by expelling toxins from the liver
- Decreases bloating and flattens belly, by stimulating the small intestine and colon to eliminate the waste stuck on the walls and colon pockets.
- Cleanse the skin – the bowel is the primary organ of elimination of waste and the skin is the secondary organ for elimination. IBS or constipation can cause skin problems.
- More energy to jump out of bed and embrace life
- New courage to tackle life challenges (the greatest confirmation of this is when I am working with a patient and they call to say “WOW I cleaned up a room I had not touched in months” or “I finally did all my taxes”.
- More positive thoughts and better quality sleep
- More positive dreams
- Immune system will improve
- Less mental fog and mental confusion
- Dark circles and puffiness under the yes will disappear
- PMS will improve (shorter periods, no bloating, emotional pms, or cramping)
- WEIGHT LOSS
How to Detox:
Because every individual is unique, my favorite detox plan is Metabolic Balance; It offers a holistic approach that improves metabolism and taps into your natural “fat burning” ability and is also designed for a lifetime of healthy and satisfying eating. The program is 100% personalized and actively supports your unique bio-chemistry and nutritional needs. Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two nutrition plans are exactly alike.
Your personalized all-natural nutrition plan balances your personal “body chemistry” with the right “food chemistry”. The research, over 25 years worth, goes to the root cause of how and why a person stores and releases energy and fat. It’s base assumption is that your body is capable of producing (on it own) the hormones and enzymes that are needed to function. In order to function, a body requires “building material” in the form of proteins, carbohydrates and nutrients that are obtained from the foods you eat. Your plan concentrates on the exact foods that possess the essential, vital nutrients your body most needs. Based on this in-depth scientific and innovative understanding, metabolic balance® develops your personalized nutrition plan to naturally balance your hormones, enzymes and your bio-chemistry. There is no artificial manipulation of your biochemistry by the usage of injections, shakes, pills or specialized foods.
The prescribed foods on your nutrition plan are uniquely designed to affect positive healthy changes while naturally diminishing your food cravings and hunger spells. A new lifestyle emerges that feels great, and allows you to maintain your ideal weight with no yo-yo dieting.
Plus, you are not alone! I am a qualified metabolic balance® personal Coach, here to support, teach, guide, encourage, and motivate you along the road to reaching your goal. Personal coaching is a substantial part of your success and is an integral part of every metabolic balance® program.
Iridology Reading Included! Learn the key areas of your body to detoxify, discover your personality type, and find out the special gift you were born with!